Ever wish you had one place to go to learn more about being an effective board member for your small nonprofit?
Well, look no further!
You are invited to join our community!
The Board Doctor’s Community is a portal-based program where members log in to connect with other board members and tap into curated resources put together by Cathy.
- Live presentations by Cathy and by guest experts on board-related topics. (Recordings also available.)
- Weekly Office Hours with Cathy where she will show up in the virtual meeting room and anyone with a question can pop in and get answers.
- Community forum to ask questions and share information with other board members. We can also make that a place to celebrate successes!
- Direct messaging with Cathy and the other community members.
- Resource library with short videos, links to other websites, blogs, and downloadable samples and templates.
- Take The Board Doctor’s Community with you, using the app powered by the Circle community platform, available from the App Store and Google Play.
The Board Doctor’s Community will be free to board members of client organizations. Others may join for a low quarterly or annual fee.
Web-Based Resources for Small Nonprofit Organizations
None of us is in this alone! The nonprofit sector is chock full of organizations that provide “capacity building” services, resources and information that help organizations get better. Some, like BoardSource and the National Council of Nonprofits, are generalized and provide information on a wide variety of topics. Others, like #GivingTuesday or the Points of Light Foundation, are more specialized. Cathy has a compiled a list of more than 50 such organizations, complete with descriptions and web addresses.